There are plenty of good reasons to remodel a bathroom, but that doesn’t make the project any less daunting. At Treasure Coast Window Fashions serving Jensen Beach, Jupiter FL areas, we have some ideas for remodeling a bathroom that could help make the entire process a little more streamlined. Check them out below and be sure to contact one of our specialists to help you with all your window fashion needs!
Keep in Mind
Any time you make a big change, it’s important to plan well for it, including both aesthetic components and functional features. For example:
- When hanging towel bars and mirrors, be sure to decide where to put them early on so that you can add extra blocking where needed before finishing the walls. If you can, mark potential spots with painter’s tape first, then adjust for comfort.
- Place your sinks so they’re easily accessible. Choose unique sink accessories for a custom look.
- Plan for storage space. If you have room, a closet is best, but if not, cabinets can do the trick.
Treating the Windows in Your New Bath
If your bathroom has a window, be sure to keep the aesthetics in line with your new remodel. And while you’re at it, take into account the functionality the space needs. A great bathroom option for a classic look is the Vignette® Modern Roman Shade by Hunter Douglas. If your bathroom has warm tones, select an earth-tone fabric with subtle variations, to pick up the colors in your bath tile and cabinetry. For cool tones, select something from the gray family or slate blue. For the perfect finishing touch to an elegant bathroom, consider a cute café curtain-style window treatment. Simply place it on the lower half of the window to ensure privacy while letting in plenty of light. Finally, for a product that holds up well in a humid room, consider Hunter Douglas EverWood® Alternative Wood Blinds. They come in a selection of premium crisp white and off-white colors, and are easy to operate and maintain.
Bathroom Remodeling Checklist
- Measure your space thoroughly so that you know what size fixtures will fit.
- Locate all water shutoff valves so that there are no floods when taking out fixtures.
- Make arrangements for a backup bathroom if necessary.
- Determine whether to donate or dispose of old fixtures, and make plans accordingly.
- Buy plenty of plastic sheeting to contain dust if you’re knocking out tile and drywall yourself.
- Check recent references for plumbers and other pros you hire.
Remodeling a Bathroom in the Greater Jupiter, Jensen Beach FL Areas
Treasure Coast Window Fashions provides more than just the finest window coverings. Our owners are involved in every project from start to finish to ensure your window covering project exceeds your expectations. We serve Jensen Beach, Ft. Pierce, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson Island, Indiantown, Jupiter, Lake Worth, Okeechobee, Palm City, Port Saint Lucie, Riviera Beach, Tequesta, Vero Beach and Hobe Sound, FL.
Visit our showroom in Stuart, FL, for more information about our products and services.