The window is often the first place your eye goes. Why? Because a window carries a strong vertical line and lets in light. At Treasure Coast Window Fashions serving West Palm Beach, we know that our customers want to make the best impression of their home.
With the Hunter Douglas Parkland™ hardwood blinds, the simplicity of the treatment is wonderful. It gives the room privacy, great light control, and a feeling of space and helps create a focal point in the room. It is important to understanding the reason for the brown tape to coordinate with the wood in the room.
However, when adding any color on a window, what happens? The lines from the brown tape makes the window treatment advance into the room and stops the eye from taking in all the other elements of design.
Helpful Tips Before Buying Window Treatments
Because the window is a focal point, you’ll want to be sure you treat it correctly. Here are some thoughts about how to approach purchasing your products.
A window should always be treated last
- Its function should be addressed first and then additional stylistic elements can be added if needed.
- If you treat the windows before the furnishings are in place, you will almost always over-treat a window.
If you have to have privacy immediately, just treat it as a function. Hunter Douglas offers a large selection including:
- Parkland™ Hardwood Blinds
- Provenance® Woven Wood Blinds
- Vignette® Modern Roman Shades
- Roller, Pleated & Vertical Blinds
Once your other furnishing are in place, if you feel like the window is missing something, other treatments can be considered.
Look at a window and dress it like you’re framing a painting.
- The heavier the treatment, the harder it is for the eye to take in other design elements in the room—you see the only painting and nothing else around it.
- The lighter and or lesser the window treatment, the more freedom your eye has to enjoy all of the other elements in a room.
- Before adding color on a window, get a sheet, a few yards of the color you are thinking about, and live with it for a week or so to make your decision.
Once you have treated the window, it is easy to add to it, but if you put a lot on the window all at once, it could be expensive to change it.
At Treasure Coast Window Fashions, we’ll be happy to help you navigate all of the window treatment options out there. Give us a call to get started.
The Right Window Treatments in West Palm Beach
Treasure Coast Window Fashions provides more than just the finest window coverings. Our owners are involved in every project from start to finish to ensure your window covering project exceeds your expectations. We’re proud to serve the greater West Palm Beach area.
Please contact us at 772-220-8870 or visit our showroom in Stuart, FL, for more information about our products and services. Contact us to learn more.