You don’t have to be scared of color—it can be the best thing for your home. At Treasure Coast Window Fashions serving the greater Jupiter area, we know that many of our customers can be intimidated by choosing colors and finding “the right one.” We have many tips for selecting color, and we’ll be happy to share them, including the knowledge that each year, experts select a Color of the Year, which could help you narrow down your choices. In fact, colors from past years might turn out to be right up your alley, so read on to get introduced to what trended in years past.
Predicting Trending Colors
The Pantone Color Institute’s Color of the Year is chosen based on “proof points” taken from a variety of industries, including the auto industry, designer runways, and interior decorating showcases. Past Colors of the Year have included:
- 2014: Radiant Orchid. A striking combination of purple and pink, this saturated hue is best used as an accent color against neutrals.
- 2015: Marsala. Inspired by the wine of the same name, Marsala offers red-brown richness with an organic feel.
- 2016: Rose Quartz and Serenity. In 2016, the Color Institute offered up not just one but TWO trending forecasted colors. Rose Quartz and Serenity, known for their calm and peaceful aura, were forecasted to replicate how we would want to feel in the following months.
- 2017: Greenery. Reminiscent of the first day of spring, this yellow-green, snow pea color “is the color of hopefulness and of our connection to nature.”
- 2018: Ultra Violet. Long a symbol of unconventionality, Ultra Violet has always been considered a mystical or spiritual color.
When it comes to color, you can add a little or a lot—it’s up to you. And you have a variety of choices for how to bring it to your home, such as in accent pieces, wall décor, throw pillows or blankets, window fashions, and wall paint. Your best bet might be to start small and add more as you go, so that you can live in to the color and decide whether it’s really right for your home.
Color Choices in Greater Jupiter, Jensen Beach, Hobe Sound FL Areas
Treasure Coast Window Fashions provides more than just the finest window coverings. Our owners are involved in every project from start to finish to ensure your window covering project exceeds your expectations. We serve Jensen Beach, Ft. Pierce, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson Island, Indiantown, Jupiter, Lake Worth, Okeechobee, Palm City, Port Saint Lucie, Riviera Beach, Tequesta, Vero Beach and Hobe Sound, FL.
Please contact us at 772-220-8870 or visit our showroom in Stuart, FL, for more information about our products and services. Contact us to learn more.