At Treasure Coast Window Fashions in West Palm Beach, our customers frequently ask if they can save money by installing their treatments themselves. While it might be tempting to DIY when it comes to treatments, remember that you’ll likely end up with a less than stellar result. See below for what professional installation services will do for you and your window treatment purchase.
What Professional Installers Bring to the Process
To start, your professional installer will come to your home to assess and measure your windows, even before you’ve placed your order. They’ll keep an eye on several important factors, including:
- Whether the window frames are square
- Whether the woodwork around the windows will impede the functionality of your new treatment, which may also impact how your treatments are mounted
- Whether there is enough mounting depth for your product to be installed inside the window frame or whether it should be installed outside the frame
- Whether there are window cranks that may interfere with the operation of your new treatment
- How your furniture is placed, which will help determine which side your operating system should be on
- Whether your window sill projection will determine how your new custom product fits
- Whether any children or pets in the home mean that you should have a cordless lifting system
If light control is an issue, a professional will know which products have an inherent light gap between the shade and window frame. As a result, you may not need to change your selection, simply change how your products are installed. An experienced, professional installer will take all these things into consideration. They use the most advanced equipment and techniques when measuring and installing. Without a doubt, anything less than a perfect fit means less than perfect performance and look. So don’t hesitate to spend a little extra money on the professionals—it will be money well spent.
Professional Window Treatment Installation in West Palm Beach FL
Treasure Coast Window Fashions provides more than just the finest window coverings. Our owners are involved in every project from start to finish to ensure your window covering project exceeds your expectations. We’re proud to serve the greater West Palm Beach area. Please contact us at 772-220-8870 or visit our showroom in Stuart, FL, for more information about our products and services. Contact us to learn more.