Start The Decorating Process
Decorating a room can seem like a daunting task, particularly given all the details that go into it. There are so many things to decide, from color schemes to window treatments. At Treasure Coast Window Fashions here in West Palm Beach, we’ll be happy to help you sort through it all, starting with these “get off the ground” steps.
- To start, gather some ideas for your stylistic preferences. Look at home décor magazines and at online ideas sites like Pinterest.
- Measure out the room’s dimensions, and map it on graph paper, including where doors and windows are. Then determine what the room’s main focal point will be—whether that’s the TV, a bookcase, or the window. The focal point will inform you of how to group your furniture. It can change with the seasons; for example, in the winter it could be the fireplace and in the summer, the window with a view.
- Decide where you want color. If your focal point is the window, it might be a good idea to add color there. If your focal point is a grouping of pictures, you might have neutral colors behind it.
- Consider the type of window treatment you want. It might be a Roman shade, blinds, shutters, or honeycomb shades. You might also want to add draperies or a top treatment for a splash of color or to tie the room together.
- Think about the lighting in the room—during the day, how much natural light do you want? Will your window treatment block or diffuse it? Keep in mind that, if you have a colored window treatment, the way the light comes through it will impact the colors of the other objects in the room. Also remember that LED bulbs can impact colors in the room. If you are using black-based colors such as purple, indigo, blue, teal, or green, you might want to try the LED cool light bulbs. For brown-based colors such as orange, red-orange, red, and magenta, use the LED warm light bulbs.
- Create a budget and a timeline for your decorating project, and be sure to stick with them both. At Treasure Coast Window Fashions, our trained consultants will be happy to help you determine the right window treatment for your style, function, and budgetary needs.
Room Decorating in West Palm Beach Fl Area
Treasure Coast Window Fashions provides more than just the finest window coverings. Our owners are involved in every project from start to finish to ensure your window covering project exceeds your expectations. We’re proud to serve the greater West Palm Beach area.
Please contact us at 772-220-8870 or visit our showroom in Stuart, FL, for more information about our products and services. Contact us to learn more.