Because kids often imitate their parents by using whatever they have at hand, simple things around the home can become great hazards. For example, wouldn’t that dangling window treatment cord seem like a good stand-in when a child wants to wear a pearl necklace like Mom’s or a necktie like Dad’s? For that reason, window treatments and children can be a terrible mix. If you have not updated your functioning window treatments, perhaps it is time.
The best way to keep your kids safe is by selecting cordless window treatments. To learn more about window treatment safety, please click one of the following links:
- American National Standards Institute
- Window Coverings Manufacturers Association
- Window Covering Safety Council
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
The Window Covering Industry uses many methods to communicate the potential hazards of corded window treatments. The use of tags helps communicate the important message of child safety and the potential strangulation hazards of corded window treatments.
Nearly all Hunter Douglas window coverings can be operated with a cordless feature or can be motorized. Some choices include:
- Simplelift™ system, with which the bottom rail is used to raise and lower shades. You can find this system on Applause® Honeycomb Shades.
- Vertiglide™, for side-to-side operation. You can find this system on products like Applause® & Duette® Honeycomb Shades or Vignette® Modern Roman Shades.
- The LiteRise® system allows you to easily raise and lower window treatments without cords. This system is available on numerous products, including EverWood® Collection Alternative Wood Blinds, Modern Precious Metals® & Natural Elements™ Aluminum Blinds, Nantucket™ & Silhouette® Window Shadings, Parkland™ Wood Blinds, Solera™ Soft Shades, and Vignette® Modern Roman Shades.
- The Clutch Lifting System uses a spring-like clutch to control screen shades and roller shades. TheUltraglide® system is a retractable pull cord, found on treatments such as Designer Studio™ Roman Shades, Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Nantucket™ & Silhouette® Window Shadings, and Pirouette® Window Shadings, among others.
To learn more and to see the Hunter Douglas Child Safety brochure, click here.
To order a free retrofit kit for older window treatments, call 1-800-506-4636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or consider the Safe-T-Wand or ProLift™ system to eliminate cords. Click here to learn more about the Safe-T-Wand retrofit kits and where to buy them.
Child Safety in West Palm Beach, FL
Treasure Coast Window Fashions provides more than just the finest window coverings. Our owners are involved in every project from start to finish to ensure your window covering project exceeds your expectations. We’re proud to serve the greater West Palm Beach area. Please contact us at 772-220-8870 or visit our showroom in Stuart, FL, for more information about our products and services. Contact us to learn more.