Fabric window treatments can dress up any room. Combine custom drapery with the perfect drapery hardware, and your windows become a work of art. At Treasure Coast Window Fashions serving the West Palm Beach area, we offer custom drapery and a large selection of drapery hardware. Our experienced designers and seamstresses will work with you to achieve a beautiful fabric window covering for any room in your home. We offer a collaborative style of service that centers around your style preferences and functionality needs.
Function of Drapery
What do you want to achieve with your drapery? Drapery is sometimes strictly for visual appeal, but it can serve a purpose as well, such as filtering sunlight, blocking light, providing privacy, and improving energy efficiency. Figuring out the function of your drapery is the first step in the design process.
Popular Drapery Styles
Next, consider which drapery options complement your décor style. Here are some of the most common drapery or curtain styles:
- Rod pocket. An elegant look, these draperies include a casing at the top that slips over a curtain rod. Rod pocket panels are usually made with sheers or semi-sheer fabric.
- Tie top. A casual and relaxed look, tie top drapery has strips of fabric that are sewn and reinforced into the top of the drapery and actually tied to a stationary decorative rod.
- Ring top. A contemporary look, decorative rings are attached to these drapes to create a pleated look.
- Pinch Pleat. A more traditional formal look, these draperies are made with a number of pleats.
- Grommet top. A crisp modern look, these drapes have a rod that passes through large rings at the top of the drapery and creates a broad pleated look.
- Tab top. A casual look, this drapery style utilizes a decorative rod that goes through flat loops spaced along the top edge of the curtain.
Another consideration to complete your drapery project is drapery hardware. Hardware can either be hidden within the drapery style, or used as a decorative element. Here are some of your options:
- Decorative poles. Frequently used with tab-top, grommet top, tie top and ring top, decorative poles come in a large variety of of materials, styles, colors and finishes, including wood, brass or iron with capped ends with decorative finials.
- Double or triple rods. Additional rods are used when you are going to combine drapery panels with a valance. If you add sheers as an under treatment, these go on the third rod.
- Decorative holdbacks. These usually match the decorative drapery rod or pole and are mounted on the sides of the windows to hold the drapery or curtain panels open.
- Traverse rod. Used with heavier traditional pinch-pleat drapes, these rods are more function than decoration, and can be motorized.
- Decorative rod with clip rings. Used for movable drapery panels, clip rings move and slide smoothly over rod.
Drapery in West Palm Beach
Treasure Coast Window Fashions provides custom window treatments, blinds, shutters, drapery, motorizationa and motorized shades and blinds to residents not only in Stuart but also Jensen Beach, Delray Beach, Ft Pierce, Hobe Sound, Indiantown, Jupiter, Lake Worth, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach, FL, Palm City, Port Saint Lucie, Vero Beach, West Palm Beach, FL.